My niece, Eliana (now 12 years-old), and I had a good idea on how to create origami-related invitation cards for her recent birthday party. Here are the steps:
- Make about three dozen tiny origami lucky stars of different colors. Use strips of paper about 7 1/2 inch x 3/8 inch. Watch the video below if you need to learn how to make the origami stars. Be patient with the folding. It might take you a few tries before the stars come out right.
- The birthday girl lays on the floor and spreads her hair around.
- Sprinkle the origami lucky stars on her hair.
- Take a photograph and upload it to the computer.
- Use a picture-editing application to copy and paste the photograph in the front of the birthday invitation card.
- Print it on card stock. Here are two sample cards:
Can you think of other uses for lucky stars? Share them here!