Aside from being a symbol of world peace, health, and long life, the origami crane has come to signify the art of paper folding itself.
This idea is reinforced in a new edition of the book A Thousand Cranes: Origami Projects for Peace and Happiness by the prolific origami creator and author, Florence Temko.
- Step by step diagrams for folding the classic paper crane.
- Ideas on how to use cranes as gifts, in greeting cards, mobiles and on festive occasions.
- The story of Sadako and the Thousand Cranes.
- Notes on cranes in Japan and Japanese culture.
- 48 tear-off sheets of thin paper with beautiful floral and geometric patterning.
For the experienced origami enthusiast the material this book covers will be quite familiar, but still it is worth owning for the lovely paper included.
As a gift item this book would be the perfect ambassador for those new to the fascinating world of origami.
Put it on your Christmas and birthdays lists!