Origami spiral spring toy and decorative chain

This decorative origami chain and spiral spring are fantastic examples of easy modular origami. They were created by two people who are known as excellent teachers and prolific origami designers.

• Laura Kruskal • Gay Merrill Gross

• Laura Kruskal Created the module and the decorative chain.
  • Gay Merrill Gross Joined many of Laura’s  modules in a unique way to create the spiral spring, a graceful rendition in paper of a classic toy.

Here is a video demonstrating how the models are made.

Diagrams for these and a selection of innovative, simple and splendid origami models,
are found in  Origami: The Art of Paper Folding, a book by Gay Merrill Gross.

This small bookis a solid introduction to the world of paper folding for people of all ages,
and a great addition to the library of any origami enthusiast.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Have you subscribed to our YouTube Channel?
You will find over 130 videos to learn origami.
Click here to subscribe
and receive notifications of new origami videos via e-mail.

. . . . . . . . . . .

• maria eduarda campelo gomes cruz October 27, 2014, 10:36 am

verry good perfect

• jet December 9, 2013, 10:51 am

this is awesome, i’m improving my origami skills, and after some more watching your video’s it’s working well.
    thank you for your sharing and your great tutes. I’m really glad with your amazing skills and tutes and projects.;-D

• Maureen Miller-Calamo May 19, 2013, 10:43 pm

Hi Leyla,
    I diagrammed the flower box by Carlos Agulair that you demonstrate on video. Your videos are very well done and I have learned several models from them. Thank you for your fine instructions. I, However need diagrams to remember the sequence of models and therefore diagram for myself. I am considering teaching this model at the OUSA convention and would like permission to distribute my diagram. I provide credit to both you and Carlos on this diagram.

Please let me know if you have any objections otherwise I will assume that my diagram may be distributed to those I teach

Regards, Maureen Miller-Calamo

• Leyla Torres May 20, 2013, 11:38 am

Hi Maureen,
      I will answer your request on a personal email. Thank you for writing.

• Alexander May 19, 2013, 1:05 pm

On your welcome to origami spirit video you make cubes at the beginning can you send me a link on that video. You make the words origami spirit ont the boxes

• Leyla Torres May 19, 2013, 8:55 pm

Hi Alexander,

I haven’t yet made a video of that cube, but I would like to make it in the future. If you would like to be alerted of new videos posted on this site, click to subscribe.

• Alexander May 19, 2013, 9:35 am

Dear Layla,
    Can you sell the thing that you cut the paper with on the slinky video?

Please answer soon

• Ryynette November 26, 2011, 5:43 pm

WOW! I think those would be very festive around Christmastime! I will make one with green and red! Can’t wait!

• Francesco October 10, 2011, 9:12 am

The diagram of this model will be published in the next issue of “Quadrato magico” the magazine of Centro Diffusione Origami.

Happy folding

• Candy Paska August 19, 2011, 5:10 pm

Just made one out of memo cube paper. Thx forvthe video.

• Amy August 14, 2011, 5:33 pm

They’re very cute! My girls love those spiral springs that we always see at the dollar shop but never buy!

• Lau Say Lian Thomas August 5, 2011, 8:34 pm

Wow its easy,simple and very beautiful