How to Fold a Case to Carry the Multi-Use Folding Tool

How to Fold a Case to Carry the Multi-Use Folding Tool post image

Many people have mentioned how much they love their multi-use bamboo folding tool. With it we don’t have to carry a bone folder, toothpicks, skewers, or a pointer for teaching. It is a great all-in-one tool for folding paper.

The best thing about the tool is that it reduces finger stress when folding many pieces -don’t we tend to overdo it!

I must confess (shhh!) that I have eight of these bamboo tools for my personal use in different corners of my house. And, I always carry at least two with me when I go out.

Recently,  my friend Tony Cheng created a nifty case to carry and protect this tool. Life is good!

Tony’s case can be made out of a 8.5 x 11 (US Letter size) or A4 rectangle. If you make it from a bright piece of colored paper it will be easy to spot inside a crowded bag. Also, the little triangular tab at the top of the case makes for easy insertion and removal of the tool.

A special note to watercolor painters: Tony Cheng’s carrying tool case is perfectly designed to hold a few fine paint brushes and will protect delicate bristles from damage. Life is even better!

Be sure to check this out and make a case or two. Thank you Tony for letting me show how to fold your carrying case in this five-minute video.

And speaking of cases, in case you weren’t aware of it,
you can purchase the multi-use bamboo folders HERE through Origami Spirit.

Secret tip:
The shipping cost is the same whether you purchase one or five of the folding tools!

• Derek April 13, 2016, 8:34 am

When a bambo origam. Tool comback

• Derek April 3, 2016, 10:53 am

Hi Leyla, why you have a bambo origami tool

• Leyla Torres April 5, 2016, 11:14 am

The bamboo tool can help with some folds. Some benefits include:
      • It helps to crease the paper with ease for the hands
      • It assists in making precise and sharp pinch marks
      • it’s great for sharpening corner folds
      • it’s a good precision pointer when teaching
      • It saves effort and stress on the fingers when folding many modular units
      • It reaches into tiny corners to make miniature folds.

• Alexander January 23, 2016, 12:25 am

But when

• Alexander January 23, 2016, 12:25 am

Yes, fast offline

• Alexander January 20, 2016, 6:52 am

I want to buy bamboo origami tool

• Leyla Torres January 20, 2016, 4:15 pm

At the moment, the origami tool is out of stock. If it comes back, I’ll let you know.

• Joy November 29, 2015, 2:07 pm

Hello Leyla,

The link to purchase the bamboo folder seems like not working
    How can i purchase it…?

• Leyla Torres November 30, 2015, 10:41 am

Dear Joy, At the moment I removed the selling page for it because the tool is not available. It might change in the future, but I don’t know when.
      Thank you for your interest.

• Cristiane Oliveira November 12, 2015, 9:38 am

Gostari de comprar a ferrementa de bambo, mas não acho como.

• Leyla Torres November 12, 2015, 10:09 am

Cristiane oi, eu não tenho as ferramentas disponíveis no momento. Talvez no futuro. Obrigada pelo interesse :-)

• Christine May 10, 2012, 4:09 am

Hello Leyla,
    I already ordered your wonderful tool for myself and for my nieces. One of them now 11 years old has set her mind to become a veterinarian and I guess she sees the spatula of a doctor in it much more than the so useful tool for paper folding. LoL
    It is so handy and what I personally love about it is how light and yet durable it is and how wonderful the bamboo feels in my hand.
    I confess when I first came across your inspiring videos I loved the tool and was wondering where to get it. Thank you for making it so conveniently available for all of us.
    Sunny greetings from Ravensburg, Germany
    Christine

• Lesley May 2, 2012, 4:23 pm

I ordered the multi-use bamboo origami tool several months ago and love it. My solution for a holder was solved by folding an origami chopstick wrapper using an 8 1/4 x 8 1/4 inch square of traditional print paper. This has an additional bonus of being able to find the tool easily, provided you return it to the holder once you have finished using it! :-D

• evi May 2, 2012, 1:53 pm

great and useful!

• Rachel Katz May 2, 2012, 12:12 pm

Leyla,

Another wonderful video! I noticed that there is a pocket in the back which is perfect for a pair of tweezers.

• Leyla Torres May 2, 2012, 12:21 pm

Thank you Rachel. How come I never noticed that little pocket? Sharp and creative eyes you have!