The Peace of Geometry With a Piece of Paper

The Peace of Geometry With a Piece of Paper post image

What a great sense of satisfaction it is when we puzzle over an origami crease pattern and are finally able to fold a model!

A few days ago, I once again neglected everything else my life and spent a few hours folding from crease patterns that Hans-Werner Guth (Germany) has shared on his Flickr page. Hans is so prolific. He must be folding twenty four hours a day, every day!

It was long past midnight when I finally figured out one of Hans’s geometric flowers. Once we get into it, who needs sleep anyway!

Here is an easy folding sequence I developed, shared in the following video –with Hans’s permission, or course.

And if we want to go beyond the pleasingly peaceful act of folding this geometric beauty, we can add a pin to the back of the flower, stick it on our hat, and make an origami fashion statement ;-)

………………

Have you subscribed to our YouTube Channel?
click here to subscribe and receive origami videos via e-mail.

|||

Related Post:

Origami Australian Waratah

• Allan September 11, 2017, 11:37 pm

Can this origami be turned into a Kusudama?

• Leyla Torres September 12, 2017, 1:14 pm

Hi Allan. I’d love to be able to give you an accurate answer, but I have not tried to make this into a kusudama. I don’t know if it can be turned into one. Thank you for asking. If I hear of somebody who has tried I’ll let you know.

• Léa Camargo Neves June 17, 2016, 3:26 pm

´linda!!!! obrigada por nos ensinar!

• Ana Carolina November 20, 2012, 10:09 am

Thank you so much, Leyla!!
    This is the salvation for people like me who can’t decode the CPs! Ü

• Rose October 4, 2012, 12:43 am

ps just to clarify its a Waratah made of Hans’ Flower Pins, not something unrelated!
    ~ Rosa

• Rose October 4, 2012, 12:05 am

Dear Hans & Leyla

Thankyou Leyla for this clear and easy to follow tutorial and thankyou very much to Hans for this lovely design! – it is very satisfying to fold.
    This flower really captured my imagination. I loved the petals, and how they look from the sides – they brought to mind the hardy bushland flowers round my place.

I hope you like my Australian Waratah flower!

Thankyou for all your hard work and creativity!
    :) Rosa

• Hans-Werner Guth October 4, 2012, 1:48 am

Wonderful idea Rosa, Waratah flower!

• Leyla Torres October 4, 2012, 10:11 am

Wow, this is a terrific origami Waratah flower, Rosa! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.

• Wies September 28, 2012, 2:21 pm

Thanks for this great video tutorial. While watching I succeeded in folding the flower pin. Love it!

• Hans-Werner Guth September 27, 2012, 4:54 pm

Leyla you did a great job! Crease pattern to video instruction! Great!

• Rosemary September 27, 2012, 11:56 am

Hi Leyla:

I also admire and have folded many of Hans’ models. I absolutely love his “style.” In fact I think his Eifel Star should have won an award for model of the year in 2011. You tend to see it everywhere.
    I cannot think of a finer combination than an origami design by Hans Werner Guth and a tutorial by one of the best teachers: Leyla Torres. Thank you as always Leyla for a wonderful tutorial. And thank you as well to Hans for sharing your beautiful design.

Happy folding … forever :-)

Rosemary

• Leyla Torres September 27, 2012, 3:28 pm

Hi Rosemary, I had been wanting to teach one of Hans models for a while! I’m happy I gave myself the time to play and figure out one of his crease patterns. Thank you for your note!

• Hans-Werner Guth September 27, 2012, 4:42 pm

Thanks for your friendly comment! Once again I’m fishing for words! Thanks!