There are many reasons why I like using Facebook. Keeping in touch with faraway family and friends is convenient; reconnecting with old friends has been rewarding.
But the one thing I enjoy most is being able to meet and exchange ideas with other people online who practice the art of origami. So, how about celebrating by making an origami Facebook logo?
When I first saw this iconic white letter ‘F’ on a blue background at the OrigamiUSA convention last June, I jumped at the chance to learn how to fold it. And now you can learn how to make it too!
Ryan MacDonell was the teacher and talented creator of this fun origami piece. Thank you Ryan, for allowing me to show the folding process in this video.
Tips and suggestions for folding an origami Facebook logo
- If you are new to origami, first invest in a little practice by folding simpler origami models.
- Before folding, watch the complete video and listen attentively to the instructions.
- Follow the steps carefully. Some folds require calculating by eye but there is precise guidance on how this is done.
- The first time you make this Facebook logo, use a square at least 8 x 8 inches (20 x 20 cm).
- The ideal paper should be white on one side and blue on the other.
Do you like this model? Click on the Origami Facebook logo,
give us a LIKE on OrigamiSpirit Facebook, and share it on your wall!