origami heart – love messenger

Need some help delivering a love message? Try this origami heart messenger, a new addition to our growing group of origami hearts. It will surely work wonders for you!

Besides our health there is nothing more valuable than those dear to our heart. Life can change in a moment, so there is no time better than the present to tell someone how much they mean to you. Affirmation and confirmation are appreciated universally, in the same way, by all.

Don’t wait for Valentine’s day! Open up that heart of gold and put into loving words the feelings you have deep inside. Write from the bottom of your heart. It’s a win-win! Both the one who sends and the one who receive gain equal benefit from the gesture.

The following video shows in detail how to fold an origami heart – Love messenger (designed by Leyla Torres).

Tips and ideas for the Origami Heart

• Begin by making the origami heart demonstrated in the video above.
  • Use a square piece about 6×6 or 8×8 inches. Duo-color paper is ideal.
  • Write your note on a piece of paper, roll it up and nest it into the little heart box.
  • Deliver it in person, or place it secretly in a discreet and special place.
  • Detach the lower flaps to carry it flat in your wallet for use at the right moment.

origami-heart-wallet

• Use it to show appreciation for the servers in a restaurant when you like your meal.

origami-heart-money

. . . . . . . . . . .

Have you seen our selection of printable origami papers?
Click here to buy and download yours instantly

printable-paper-origami-posts

• Annette Bussmann April 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Hallo Leyla Torres,

I have her beautiful origami heart today as folded napkin holder for our Easter lunch. Green Bunny Napkins in green / white heart on green table linen, which looked very springlike.
    Thanks for your lovely ideas!
    Happy Easter,

Annette

• Kirstie January 31, 2015, 9:53 pm

This is beautiful! I’m going to use this for my invitations for my daughter’s birthday – she is a February child (the month of love!) and she’s taking some of her little friends to dinner at a restaurant called “Valentines” – pretty perfect! Thank you so much!

• Leyla Torres February 2, 2015, 11:55 am

Hi Kirstie,
      Using this origami heart as an invitation is a great idea. I hope your girl has a wonderful birthday party!Thank you for writing.

• giti April 11, 2014, 4:51 pm

thank you Miss Torres for presenting nice origami modules .

• Rosabee February 19, 2014, 9:40 pm

Thankyou for sharing this fabulous design, Leyla! It is very enjoyable to make, has clear & logical steps and I love how easily it ‘pops out’ into a striking 3D heart shape at the end. I found the design to be quite robust, even with thinner paper. These hearts would make lovely table decorations/place settings. So far I have made a purple heart to hold a bunch of dried lavender to decorate my desk :)
    Best wishes, Rose

• Renae February 14, 2014, 2:32 pm

saved money on a card by making this for my Valentine! So pretty and so easy! Thank you!

• Deanna January 24, 2014, 3:15 pm

Hi Leyla,
    I am wondering if anyone has reported not being able to view the new Origami Heart video? I tried to view it last night and today and I get a message saying that it is no longer available. I am looking forward to folding this. It looks wonderful. I am enjoying your newsletters and your video instruction is wonderful. Thank you so much!
    Deanna

• Leyla Torres January 24, 2014, 3:37 pm

Deanna, Thank you for writing. SO far you are the only one reporting not being able to see the video. I just traveled and in my new location I can see it perfectly. Have you tried cleaning the cache of your computer? I’ll ask around in any case.

• Rosemary Browne January 22, 2014, 7:49 pm

Me again …. definitely a fun model to fold! I just placed our dinner napkins rolled up in the heart. What a lovely model. They look great!

• Gerardo January 22, 2014, 4:16 pm

Pure genius!

You amaze me with this so simple and so useful models =D

I would have never thought of folding the paper like that in order to make two connected hearts =O

• kdiannestephens January 22, 2014, 3:01 pm

So cute…and so YOU :-) I see it could aso make a nice name/identifier placecard, napkin holder, and a smaller version with a parallelogram vs. square indentation at the top of the heart makes a sweet chopstick rest.

• Leyla Torres January 22, 2014, 3:25 pm

KDianne… all great ideas. I specially like the one for the chopstick rest… I had not thought of that one!

• Joel Stern January 22, 2014, 1:14 pm

A really special design, Leyla! I will teach it to my group this Sunday.
    Joel

• filomena January 22, 2014, 12:53 pm

Precioso Leyla, te felicito!!!!

• brigitte January 22, 2014, 10:22 am

Hallo Leyla,

I really look forward to your newsletter. Every time again, it is so wonderful!
    I did make a lot of the models, so many thanks for all your beautiful tutorials.

Best wishes.

Brigitte

• Leyla Torres January 22, 2014, 3:23 pm

Hi Brigitte,
      I’m happy you like the models I present. Thank you for writing !

• Rosemary Browne January 22, 2014, 10:05 am

Leyla:

You never cease to amaze me! What a wonderful design and I think it is a model which I refer to sometimes as a :”Fun to Fold!” I am off to the printer to get some more printable patterns made.

Thank you so much, Leyla.

Best to you,

Rosemary

• Lenir Pereira (Santos/SP) January 22, 2014, 9:37 am

Muito lindo – como tudo que você faz. Parabéns Leyla Torres.