An Easy Paper Helicopter -Entertainment for Children of All Ages

An Easy Paper Helicopter -Entertainment for Children of All Ages post image

Do you have children you’d like to entertain? Nieces, nephews or grandchildren, maybe?  Having some gentle fun with paper toys can be so very simple. And economical!

In less than five minutes you can make several of these paper helicopters. Then you can easily demonstrate how to lift up this fun toy and let it fly from the sky. It’s a guarantee that you’ll see delight shining on the faces of your young charges as these helicopters gently spin their way to the ground. And you will have fun too!

My two-year-old nephew, Emilio, and I enjoyed making these paper toys together. Watch the video to see how easy it is to make and how much fun Emilio and his grandparents had playing with them.

Tips and suggestions for making the paper helicopter

• Use a strip of paper of any size. The approximate proportion should be about 4:1.
  • All kinds of papers can be used to make this paper helicopter: Office paper, wrapping paper, packaging paper, magazine or advertisement papers, origami paper.
  • The paper can be cut with scissors or torn by hand.
  • Stacking a number of paper strips for cutting allows easy preparation of many helicopters at once.

origami-helicopter-560b
Do you like what you find on this site?

Click here to follow us on FACEBOOK

facebook-logo-small

~ Origami Facebook logo designed by Ryan MacDonell. Video tutorial HERE.

• thingy March 23, 2016, 6:20 am

ncds bckewsbljwnhljeq bjkvbkewa hf oubc es bwq ;lhl.dwsa hc,abv,aj hv .,sg fjvwdws.u vgk

soz thats my cat typing on the N64

uh my life :D

• Leyla Torres March 23, 2016, 5:45 pm

Greetings to your kitty. We love to hear from all cats ;-)

• Toni July 21, 2014, 12:38 pm

simple and making everyone happy! Thanks a lot, dear Leyla!

• Elsa Lucia Cabrera July 19, 2014, 11:28 pm

Hermoso y facil de hacer. Ademas me encanto ver a tus viejos gozar viendo como vuela el helicoptero.

Exitos

Elsa Lucia

• Leyla Torres July 21, 2014, 10:09 am

Si Elsa, ver a chicos y grandes en semejante diversión es una alegría poara el corazón!

• Hans Dybkjær July 19, 2014, 1:26 pm

Hi Leyla, a great video, and a simple model even simpler.
    I usually divide in thirds both ways, i.e. the wings are one third. Then in the bottom I fold up like a small centimeter (1/3 of an inch). That forms a small hook. Try hanging a lot on a thread an release them all at once.
    Best, Hans

• Leyla Torres July 19, 2014, 4:50 pm

What fun Hans! I just made one with three wings as you describe, and it flies beautifully. I also like the idea of hanging many from a thread. I suppose the are hung from the hook and the thread is shaken to release them?