Do you enjoy cute origami models? Hens and chickens are beloved creatures symbolizing abundance and motherhood. Origami Hens are sure to bring a smile to our family and friends.
At Origami Spirit we have featured tutorials for several lovely origami hens.
The pictures above show the Messenger Hen, created by Leyla Torres. With some modifications and different paper size specifications, we can have different uses for this origami hen:
- A Messenger Hen –Can be made with a small piece of paper (6 x 6 inch / 15 x 15 cm) and hold a rolled paper with a message.
- A Napkin Holder Hen –A larger piece of paper (10 x 10 inch / 25 x 25 cm) is used to turn this hen into a napkin folder.
- An Egg Holder Hen – Can be made with a square paper cut from a USA Letter-size or A4
The tutorial for this HEN is found in Origamigos, our sister site for members.
And enjoy this and many other video tutorials
- Many types of paper are suitable to make this box. Use paper such as ‘Kami, gift wrap, office, or recycled paper.
- This origami hen shows both sides of the paper. It’s best to use paper with a different color on each side.
- Make this origami container for Easter, as a party favor, or any time you feel like your fingers are tickling to fold paper!
This is a selection of other origami tutorials you will find within Origamigos