This origami heart is another versatile and easy model designed by Francis Ow, a master known for his paper heart designs and excellent work on modular origami .
You can make this paper heart in less than five minutes and use it for Valentine’s day and on many other occasions!
Thank you Francis for giving your permission to present this heart model.
Tips and suggestions for making this easy origami heart
- In the video the heart is demonstrated using thin Kami paper, known in the U.S. as “origami paper”.
- Other papers –gift-wrapping or paper from old magazines, are also suitable.
- The heart is made with a rectangular piece of paper in the proportion of 2:7
- From a square piece of paper 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm) four hearts can be made. The video shows how to easily fold and cut the pieces of the right proportion.
- The finished heart shows only one side of the paper. It isn’t necessary to use paper with a different color on each side.
- On the back, the heart features a pocket, making it perfect to use as a bookmark.
- Thread a few origami hearts to make a necklace or a festive garland.
- For more free video tutorials to make origami hearts, visit this page.
. . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . .
Have you seen our selection of printable origami papers?
Click here to buy and download yours instantly