A model design of David Donahue
Here on Origami Spirit, we feature some lovely origami containers. You can find those >> HERE. We also have more container tutorials available in Origamigos, the Origami Spirit membership
The model above is a container model called Fall Leaf Salver and is one of the tutorials you can access as an Origami Spirit member.
Every tutorial comes with supplemental information and includes specific instructions and suggestions for people at different levels of folding proficiency. An example of such suggestions might include paper selection:
- Any thin and crisp paper is ideal to use for this leaf-shaped dish.
- Copy paper, kami, tant, and gift wrapping papers can all be used for this model.
- In the video, the Fall Leaf Salver is demonstrated using thin kami paper, known in the US as “origami paper”.
- Use a piece of paper that’s at least 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm.) when you make this model for the first time.
- Only one side of the paper shows in the front. It is not necessary to have paper colored differently on each side.
…and learn to fold Fall Leaf Salver and many other models.
Here’s a selection of some other tutorials found in the Origamigos membership