- Origami is portable. You can practice it anywhere.
- Origami relieves stress. You can focus on the present moment and feel at peace. It is meditative.
- Origami is affordable. You don’t need expensive materials.
- Origami is artistic. It’s poetry with paper. You can play with colors, textures and shapes. You can even put out a performance!
- Origami is infinite. You can discover endless symmetry and variations on the same themes.
- Origami keeps you young. You can exercise your memory and play with action origami toys.
- Origami is gratifying You can experience immediate satisfaction by folding someone else’s model or your own creations.
- Origami is social. You connect to other human beings by exploring the mind and the heart of the person who created a model, by sharing with other people who are passionate for origami, and by giving away folded models and getting a smile in return.
- Origami is multicultural. It is a language in itself. You can travel and communicate with paperfolders around the planet through the activity of folding paper.
- Origami is eco-friendly. You can recycle a piece of paper from last week’s magazine or your bagel wrap. Just cut out a square and start folding it. Origami is ‘Green’!
Here is a video with instructions to fold a flapping bird.
Go ahead, fold something today and tell us how you like it!
Do you have more reasons why to practice origami? Please share them in here.