One of my origami bees flew out of the studio window on a bright sunny morning and discovered a delightful, tasty, flower garden. My niece, Eliana, and I created a stop-motion animation of this origami bee having a feast.
These were the steps we followed to make the stop motion video:
- An origami bee was folded.
- Flowers and leaves were cut from the garden.
- A digital camera on a tripod was positioned over a table.
- A big sheet of green paper was placed on the table as a background.
- Step by step flowers and leaves were positioned on this background.
- Every time an element was moved on the background a photograph was taken.
- 283 pictures –3 pictures per second of video, were taken.
- Still photographs were downloaded to the computer and iMovie was used for editing and sound effects.
Eliana and I had at least eight hours of fun together while making this animation.
We hope you enjoy it as much as the bee liked her banquet!