The paper boat presented here is evocative of the traditional paper boat, but it has an added element of magic and charm.
This boat is called the Secret Love Boat because you can open it and reveal a charming paper heart.
The Secret Love Boat is a wonderful and easy model designed by Francis Ow, a master known for his paper heart designs and work on modular origami as well.
You can make this paper heart in less than eight minutes and use it to insert a love message for your sweetheart at Valentine’s day and on many other occasions!
Are you ready to take a trip in this Secret Love Boat?
Thank you Francis for giving your permission to present this heart model.
Tips and suggestions for making this simple paper boat with an origami heart
- In the video the boat is demonstrated using thin Kami paper, known in the U.S. as “origami paper”.
- Other papers –gift-wrapping or paper from old magazines, are also suitable.
- The heart is made with a square piece of paper.
- A square piece of paper 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm) is perfect to make one.
- The finished heart shows only one side of the paper, but when the heart is revealed, the other side of the paper can be seen.
- The Secret Love Boat features a pocket, making it perfect to insert a love note or an invitation.
- For more free video tutorials to make origami hearts, visit this page.
. . . . . . . . . . .
Have you seen our selection of printable origami papers?
Click here to buy and download yours instantly