The paper boat presented here is evocative of the traditional paper boat, but it has an added element of magic and charm.
This boat is called the Secret Love Boat because you can open it and reveal a charming paper heart.
The Secret Love Boat is a wonderful and easy model designed by Francis Ow, a master known for his paper heart designs and work on modular origami as well.
You can make this paper heart in less than eight minutes and use it to insert a love message for your sweetheart at Valentine’s day and on many other occasions!
Are you ready to take a trip in this Secret Love Boat?
Thank you Francis for giving your permission to present this heart model.
Tips and suggestions for making this simple paper boat with an origami heart
- In the video the boat is demonstrated using thin Kami paper, known in the U.S. as “origami paper”.
- Other papers –gift-wrapping or paper from old magazines, are also suitable.
- The heart is made with a square piece of paper.
- A square piece of paper 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm) is perfect to make one.
- The finished heart shows only one side of the paper, but when the heart is revealed, the other side of the paper can be seen.
- The Secret Love Boat features a pocket, making it perfect to insert a love note or an invitation.
- For more free video tutorials to make origami hearts, visit this page.
. . . . . . . . . . .
Have you seen our selection of printable origami papers?
Click here to buy and download yours instantly
12 thoughts on “Make a Secret Love Boat –Use it to Deliver a Love Note!”
Very nice! I love it so much. Thank you
You are very welcome, Angelica!
Como siempre muy interesante y diferente forma de hacer un bote.
Gracias Elsa Lucía!
Thanks Francis Ow for sharing this beautiful Origami model called ” Secret Love Boat ”
Lau Say Lian Thomas
Yes, we are grateful to Francis Ow for generously sharing his origami art.
Thank you for your visit to Origami Spirit Lau Say Lian!
Love, love this! I always look forward to your tutorials. It has been awhile. I was so happy to see your email this morning. This will be a sure hit with my grandchildren. I will add a little “love note” inside. This better than buying greeting cards that cost a fortune.
Love and hugs to you! I am looking forward to more!
I’m very happy you like it. Great idea to use it in place of greeting cards!
Fantastisch mooi! Dank U wel! Groetjes uit Nederland.
You are very welcome Liesbeth!
Outstanding tutorial as always, my friend! What a precious little model. Thank you as well to The King of Hearts … Francis Ow. Thank you both so much.
You are always welcome, Rosemary!