Do you enjoy origami stars? What about origami boxes and origami cubes? My friend Wenhau Chao has created a charming and ingenious origami figure that can change from a star, into a box, then into a cube.
The following step-by-step video shows how to make Wenhau’s origami star, box, and cube. Thank-you, Wenhau, for granting permission to present your model.
Fold it and share it on our Origami Spirit Facebook group. We would love to see what you make!
Tips and suggestions for making the origami Star, a Box, and a Cube (S.B.C)
- In the video, this model is demonstrated using thin kami paper, known in the U.S. as “origami paper.” Any other firm, thin paper, would be appropriate.
- Thicker papers can be used too such as printer or tant paper.
- When folding this model for the first time, use a piece of paper sized at least 6×6 inches (15x15cm.)
- Asr a variation, each side can be a different color.
- Use a series of papers of slightly different sizes and colors to create a rainbow effect and to nest the origami boxes.
Fold the Three In One model and share it on our Origami Spirit Facebook group. We would love to see what you make!
. . . . . . . . . .
For tutorial instruction to make other Stars and Geometric Origami Figures, click HERE
For tutorials to make other Origami Boxes and Containers, click HERE