A model design of Leyla Torres
Do you like to fold origami flowers? What about trees? In that case, you’re in luck! Here at Origami Spirit, we feature origami models we know you’ll enjoy so be sure to visit the ORIGAMI FLOWERS GALLERY.
This 3-dimensional origami tree is inspired by design possibilities found in the lovely flat origami Christmas tree designed by the late Mark Bolitho. In this tutorial, you will learn how to fold the tree along with several variations. When you fold more than a few–and you will–you can create a forest!
Would you like to learn how to fold this model?
The tutorial is found inside Origamigos, our sister site for members.
… and learn to fold The Tree and a Forest and many other models too!
Already a member? LOG IN >>> HERE
Tips and suggestions for making A Tree and a Forest
- A single square of paper is needed, ideally 6 x 6-inch (15 x 15 cm)
- The paper should have the color of the foliage on one side and the color of the trunk on the other.
- If the back of our paper does not have an appropriate color for the trunk, we can add an extra piece at a particular moment. This is shown in the video.
- If we need the extra square, its side should be half the size of the larger square.
- Have a few papers ready so that you can make variations along with the basic tree
This is a selection of other origami tutorials you will find within Origamigos