An Easy-to-fold Origami Hummingbird

An Easy-to-fold Origami Hummingbird post image

From Colombia, land of hummingbirds, Andrés Plazas, shared with me a link to the video of an origami hummingbird he designed.
When I finally had some time to fold it, I discovered with delight that this hummingbird is an elegant and ingenious model  based on  the traditional origami crane. I did not want to pass up sharing it here.
Andrés offers us one of those models that in a few folds captures the essence of this little bird .

• Myriam February 16, 2017, 6:47 pm

I love hummingbirds, and this design is perfect. Thanks so much! You can see mine here: https://baroquemyriam.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/108_1267.jpg

• Nina May 5, 2015, 4:26 pm

phantastic! thank you so much! :)

• Lisa January 12, 2014, 5:17 pm

I LIKE your video! Most all of the other videos I’ve watched and tried to learn from, were inadequate. They moved too fast through the tougher parts and didn’t take time to remove their fingers from the subject and display the results of each move. Yours was perfect! The music background is very restful too. Even printed origami instructions strike me as being very inadequate. Until you’ve down something like squash folds a hundred times, they are not easy to replicate (in your head anyway). Thanks for allowing me to have a success to make up for all the messes I’ve thrown away.

• carmen April 6, 2013, 2:52 am

thank you for sharing this beautiful hummingbird,it is a really joy .

• Kate Happenence January 19, 2012, 5:11 am

I now have little hummingbirds decorating my bookshelves. Thank you.

• Ryynette November 26, 2011, 6:03 pm

Pretty hummingbird… I will have to make an origami flower soon!

• Aaron September 17, 2011, 10:51 pm

Hey luv the humming bird + my b-day is feb. 2nd

• Lynn August 25, 2011, 12:38 pm

I have tried several times to watch this video but it stops half way through. This looks like the perfect origami hummingbird that I want for my wedding. I’m half way through my folding and want to see the remaining video. Any one have a suggestion about how I can see the rest of the video? Other than YouTube, is there another place I can go to see how to complete the folding? Thanks!

• Leyla Torres August 25, 2011, 1:18 pm

Hi Lynn,
      I can see the whole video with no trouble. I am using Firefox as a browser. I would recommend clearing your browser cache, updating your browser to see if the situation improves, or trying another computer. Also, you may want to see it directly in the YouTube website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUKElGTi-tk&feature=player_embedded
      I hope any of these suggestions works for you.
      Leyla

• Lau Say Lian Thomas June 12, 2011, 3:52 am

Hi Leyla Torres,My daughter’s wedding is on 18 Jun.,I fold various type of origami flowers,leaves and stalks and I remember your lovely Hummingbird…..now I add it with the origami Flowers.Thanks for sharing…very grateful to your kind effort.

• Joe March 5, 2011, 3:06 pm

Thanks! Yours looks better then mine but with a little practice I will get better (I hope). Best lesson I have seen yet. Your video makes it much easier. Thanks again.

• Millie February 2, 2011, 5:28 pm

Gracias! Thank You! I’ll have to try it again with smaller and smaller paper….a test of patience! I love your photo!