The process of folding this pentagonal origami star, created by David Martinez, is so pleasing you’ll want to make it over and over.
I have featured this fantastic called “Sakura Star” in a previous entry, but have just recently produced a video instructions showing how to fold it.
- The video starts by showing how to make a pentagon from a square. If you already know how to make a pentagon, then skip ahead to minute 3:11.
- You can also see how to add a hint of contrasting color inside the star by inserting a central piece of paper.
- To conclude, there are instructions on how to make a puffier origami star by joining two units.
Enjoy folding this five pointed origami star. And please do let me know how it goes for you!
Are you looking for other Christmas and holiday origami ideas? Read these posts:
- Do-It-Yourself Holiday Decorations, Gifts and Greetings
- Origami Adds a Festive Holiday Sparkle to a Staircase
If you haven’t done so already, click here to subscribe to Origami Spirit and receive upcoming posts via e-mail.