This two-piece origami cat-box is the perfect model to fill with candy or other small items to give away as a present on a festive occasion. Head and body lock together securely so there is no need for glue or fasteners.
Using Gay’s idea as a springboard for one of my own, I was inspired to design another version of a cat-box. I’ll be presenting this version here on Origami Spirit in an upcoming post.
The following step-by-step video shows how to make Gay’s cat. Thank you Gay for granting permission to present your model.
Tips and suggestions for making the origami cat
- Use thin paper such as ‘Kami’.
- Two squares of paper are needed, one for the body and one for the head.
- The side of the square used for the head should be half of the side of the square used for the body.
- A 6 x 6-inch (15 × 15cm) piece of paper or bigger is perfect for the body.
- A 3 x 3-inch (7.5 x.7.5cm) piece of paper is the corresponding size for the head.
- The body shows only one side of the paper. It isn’t necessary to use paper with a different color on each side.
- The head does show both sides of the paper. For a great effect use paper with different color on each side.
Origami Cat-Box –Version 2
Click here to view post and video tutorial
. . . . . . . . . .
If you like what you find here on Origami Spirit, click to subscribe
for upcoming posts notifications –It’s easy and FREE!