This box is very convenient to carry and protect small origami models. To make this box used bottle of coca-cola. This bottle comes in version 16 or 20 oz. The two types of packaging used.
To make the box:
- Wash the bottle. Cut the bottle in half just below the label.
- Discard the top and work with the base.
- The base of the bottle has ten vertical grooves. Make a vertical cut every two grooves, five vertical cuts in total. Beware, the cuts should be made only to the point wit the ‘waist’ here begins . If you cut below it, it will not close properly.
- By cutting, you get five flaps. Cut off the corners, making them round them at the top.
- Push each flap toward the center and down to “teach” them their closed position.
- To close the box, fold the flaps, one slightly overlapping the previous one. When the box is closed, and if you watched from above, you can see a pentagonal star.
You must be patient and be willing to ruin a few bottles before getting it right. But once you get the hang of it, you can make many and use them for gift boxes or to carry miniature origami.