Origami Wreaths to Celebrate a Baby Girl or Baby Boy

Origami Wreaths to Celebrate a Baby Girl or Baby Boy post image

I could’ resist going really cute and making baby bodysuit garlands!

The module for this is my interpretation of  Hans-Werner Guth’s and Francis Ow’s shirt garlands.
The garlands made by Hans, Francis, and myself, are a slight modification of the one featured in this video tutorial:

We challenge you to figure out these modifications or to create your own variation.
Kudos if you do!

->Shhh! secret hint: To make the sleeves, start your modification at min 1:20 of this video ;-)

In the following photos notice that the collars were folded differently.

————————

If you haven’t yet, click here to subscribe to this blog
and receive coming posts via e-mail.

————————

Related Posts:

Modular Origami Garlands From Francis Ow

9 Ways to Awaken Your Creativity With Origami

• Carla January 18, 2017, 3:13 pm

WOW! I thought I was fairly good at origami, but I guess I do not have any design/creativity to figure out this shirt. I have folded aloha shirts before, but the diagram is totally different to this. I also reviewed your oversized shirt video, but also was lost how to potentially apply that information to this shirt. Any additional hints would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Leyla Torres January 19, 2017, 4:38 pm

At the moment I cannot give you any more hints than what you find here. Thank you for your interest!

• vonda September 23, 2013, 6:18 pm

Hi i just love the wreath, my daughter is having a baby shower in November I followed along with the pattern pretty good folded the bottom up some to make the bottom of outfit, but cannot figure out the sleeves, could you please help? Thank you.

• Lena July 12, 2013, 2:59 pm

Wow – crazy good tutorial! Not just for origami but in general!
    I’m new to folding paper and I’m pretty confident I can do the wreath after watching your video. Will wait for the update on the sleeves though since as mentioned am new to this.

• Paula G. July 11, 2013, 5:10 pm

This is so cute and clever! I’ve got two days before I’ll be attending a friend’s baby shower and I really don’t think I’ll be able to figure out the modifications in time. I could probably use scissors and glue to make the sleeves look like yours but it would be nicer to fold them your way. Would you be willing to let me in on the secret? Thanks. Paula

• Leyla Torres July 12, 2013, 10:29 am

Hi Paula,
      I’d love to give you “the secret” but I won’t be able to carve some time to post it before you go to your baby shower. For the moment I’ll live the enigma as is ;-)

• Paula G. July 13, 2013, 10:40 am

I figured it out! I’m quite surprised at myself. I just had to play with (mangle) a few pieces of practice paper. I think your creation is going to get a lot of oohs and ahs at the baby shower. Thanks again! Paula

• Leyla Torres July 13, 2013, 1:10 pm

Congratulations Paula, you should be very proud of yourself. Now you’ll get the oohs and ahs, AND you stretched your creativity with origami and paper folding skills. Kudos!