If you made the photo frame previously presented on Origami Spirit, then you’ll have no trouble making this modular origami cube frame.
Modular origami is a technique in which two or more sheets of paper are folded into units or modules. The units are then fitted together (usually without need of glue) to form one larger piece.
What you need to make this particular modular origami cube: six main units (photo frames) and twelve connectors. Each connector is the tab used to stand the photo frame.
Here is the video explaining how to assemble the cube, using six photo frames with heart corners.
Tips and Suggestions for the photo cube
- Are you a beginner? you might want to start by folding this related heart model first.
- Use six pieces of paper 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm)
- Divide these pieces of paper into three groups with each group a different color.
- Pre-fold six units (photo frames) following this video.
- Use twelve pieces of paper 3×3 inch (7.5 x 7.5cm) to make the connectors.
- To include a photo in each face of the origami cube, center and paste an image measuring 1.5 x 1.5 inches (3.75 x 3.75cm) on a board which is slightly smaller than each origami frame.
- Depending on the colors you choose, the ball can be used as a gift for Christmas, mother’s day, or parents anniversary.
- You can choose to not insert photos at all, and leave this as an ornamental piece. It would make a lovely Christmas decoration!
So make your own cube and let us know how you use it!
. . . . . . . . . .
If you like what you find here on Origami Spirit, click to subscribe
for upcoming posts notifications –It’s easy and FREE!