A model design of Leyla Torres
Do you like to fold origami animals? You’re in luck! Here at Origami Spirit, we feature origami models we’re sure you’ll enjoy so be sure to visit the ORIGAMI ANIMALS GALLERY.
In this Blossom Crane video tutorial, you will learn how to fold the wings into the shape of a cup making the Blossom Crane useful as an ornamental dish.
Would you like to learn how to fold this model?
The tutorial is found inside Origamigos, our sister site for members.
… and learn to fold The Blossom Crane and many other models too.
Already a member? LOG IN >>> HERE
Tips and suggestions for making the Blossom Crane
- Thin and soft paper is ideal for the Blossom Crane.
- In the video the crane model is demonstrated using kami paper.
- When folding this Blossom Crane for the first time, use a piece of paper at least 8 x 8 inches (20 x 20 cm.) or bigger.
Origami terms to note:
- Precrease: Marking the paper by folding and unfolding. When we precrease, we are setting the stage for later steps in the folding process. Precreases are usually made when we begin a set of folds.
- Reverse fold: to turn a fold from valley into a mountain or the other way around, mountain into a valley.
This is a selection of other origami tutorials you will find within Origamigos