A model design of Leyla Torres
Do you like to fold origami boxes? You’re in luck! Here at Origami Spirit, we feature origami models we know you’ll enjoy so be sure to visit the ORIGAMI BOXES & CONTAINERS GALLERY
This Advent Calendar box design is a combination of Alexandra Ramirez’s Candy Coffin and the traditional Masu Box and can be made with any square piece of paper.
For the Advent calendar, you will make a set of 24 boxes, then insert the watercolor pictures which are included as a high-resolution printable download in the post. Number the boxes according to the day of the month they are to be opened, and arrange them on a tabletop as suggested below, or as you wish.
When a box is opened, fold the top flaps to the inside. Pinch the corners, then shape the box into a star so the image is seen through the star-shaped opening.
Would you like to learn how to fold this model for the holiday season?
The tutorial is found inside Origamigos, our sister site for members.
… and learn to fold The Advent Calendar Box and many other models too!
Already a member? LOG IN >>> HERE
Tips and suggestions for making the origami Advent Calendar Box
- In the video, this model is demonstrated using thin kami paper, but any other firm and thin paper would be appropriate.
- Use a piece of paper at least 6×6 inches (15x15cm.)
- Both sides of the paper are visible in the final model.
- When learning this model, use a solid-color piece of paper so that you can easily spot the folding points of reference.
- Additional suggestions available within the membership.
This is a selection of other origami tutorials you will find within Origamigos