What can we do with that ever-increasing inventory of finished origami models?
Here are some ideas:
- 1.Document If you like a particular model, keep one that’s nicely folded and on it write the model name, the designer, and where to find diagrams.
- 2. Display Photograph models and share them on personal Flickr and Facebook albums.
- 3. Be Inspired Place models in a large clear glass jar. The varied shapes and colors will inspire you to fold and others to learn.
- 4. Celebrate On World Origami Days: October 24 to November 11th, distribute models in a public place such as a bookstore or park.
- 5. Share Give models to children on Halloween or to friends and colleagues at work or school.
- 6. Be Grateful In your wallet, keep a model that folds flat. At a favorite restaurant leave it along with your tip.
- 7. Surprise Abandon models in unexpected places and imagine who might find them.
- 8. Participate Join “Origami for the people” -a Flikr group dedicated to documenting the placement of origami models in public places.
- 9. Donate Models can be used when fundraising for good causes. For example, origami models have been used to raise funds for victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
- 10. Provide Comfort Give models to the elderly or infirm at a hospital or nursing home.
- 11. Encourage Business At a tag sale, give a free model to customers with a purchase.
- 12. Teach Show a model to a child, tell them it’s made from a square piece of paper and let the magic of unfolding begin!
- 13. Liberate Boulder those old models and make room for the new.
- 14. Play and recycle Let your cats bat models around and then into the wastebasket they go! The models that is.
Have any more ideas on what to do with finished models? If you do, please share!