Looking for fun Halloween party ideas? Here is one: make origami candy corn and use it to write ‘fortunes’ or ‘spooky’ messages for your guests. Below you’ll find some other ideas as well.
As I recorded a previous video to demonstrate how to make an origami cat-head box, I thought that having some candy corn would be a great seasonal prop to show how to fill the cat-head box for a Halloween party. Not having real candy corn available, it occurred to me that I should take some time to design some origami candy corn myself.
After investing a couple of hours with a number of design experiments, I managed to develop what I thought was some pretty convincing candy corn. Paper candy corn that is.
In this video I’ll share the result and demonstrate how you too can make this origami candy corn. Best of all, this candy corn is gluten free, sugar free, fat free, and has zero calories. Perfect fun for a Halloween party!
Tips and suggestions to make origami candy corn
- From a square piece of paper, 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm.) you can get 16 small squares, perfect in size for candy corn.
- Fold the paper in a half and in quarters -both ways, to make 4 x 4 grid (16 squares). Cut those squares.
- The paper should be white on one side and orange on the other.
- A yellow marker or yellow-color pencil needs to be used to color a section of the paper.
- You can write a “spooky message” or a “funny fortune” inside each candy corn.
- Laugh together with your guests as you open and read them at your Thanksgiving or Halloween party.
Since it takes less than a minute to make each piece of candy corn, you can make a few dozen in no time.
More Halloween party ideas? Here are origami containers you can use at your party to offer these little nuggets of yumminess.
Click HERE for Cat-Head Box Tutorial
Click HERE for Heart with Bat Wings Tutorial
Have fun! Be sure to get back to us and let us know how you like these little treats
and how your Halloween party goes!
. . . . . . . . . . .
Have you seen our selection of printable origami papers?
Click here to buy and download yours instantly
4 thoughts on “Fun Halloween Party Ideas: Make Origami Candy Corn!”
Im still waiting on the Horse diagram as bookmark thanks
Click on the following link to see a video tutorial to make the Horse Bookmark.
At the moment this is all I can offer you. No printed diagrams are available.
I hope you enjoy it!
I have so much enjoyed your easy way of the making Origami Candy Corn and playing around with them with your Origami Flys, that I used them all up on Halloween Cards that my friends received via snail mail…awww…looking forward in making something new tomorrow …thank you for being in my Origami enjoyment…Friendly, Karen Freedman..