This origami horse takes only six folds and can be made in less than a minute! When I designed this horse I was inspired by a origami origami rocking horse shown on a previous post.
Perfect for use as a bookmark, this origami horse has a convenient little pocket that can be inserted in the corner of a page in a book. It may also be used as a cupcake topper, invitation or thank-you card for a horse-themed birthday party.
The following video shows in detail how to fold this easy origami horse (design of Leyla Torres).
The horse has many symbolic meanings. 2014 is the Chinese Year of the Horse (Jan 31, 2014 – Feb 18, 2015). Let’s welcome it by making an origami horse for a family member or friend born on the year of the horse.
People born on the year of the horse are said to be flexible, patient, loyal, charitable, changeable and headstrong. The horse is also a symbol of power, grace, beauty, nobility, strength, vitality, endurance and freedom.
Tips and ideas for the Six-fold Origami Horse
- Paper of different color on each side is ideal.
- As a bookmark: Use a square piece about 6×6 inches (15 x 15cm).
- As a cupcake topper: Use a square piece about 3×3 inches (7.5 x 7.5cm).
- As a decoration for an invitation card: Use a square piece about 3×3 inches (7.5 x 7.5cm).
- Use paper with a stripe pattern, and it will be an origami zebra!
So, go ahead make your origami bookmark, cupcake toppers or party invitation cards. Can you think of other idea on how to use this little origami horse? Please leave your suggestion as a comment.
. . . . . . . . . .
If you like what you find here on Origami Spirit, click to subscribe
for upcoming posts notifications –It’s easy and FREE!