Seeing the faces of those we love can make our heart sing with joy. This origami photo frame –featuring a heart at each corner, is a beautiful way to keep those we love close by. To design this frame I found inspiration in an easy origami heart created by Ildikó Vass.
Just this week, I made a ribbon of photo frames with photos of all my nieces and nephews to give as an anniversary present to my parents. They love their grandchildren very much and this gift made them very happy.
Here is the video explaining how to make an photo origami frame with heart corners.
Tips and Suggestions for the Origami Photo Frame
- If you are just beginning your origami adventure, begin by folding ILDIKOS HEART MODEL.
- Use a piece of paper 6 x 6 inches (15cm.) to make a 3 x 3-inch photo frame (7.5 x 7.5cm).
- This model can be used as a single frame or as modular unit to make a ribbon of frames.
- Use two pieces of paper 3 x 3 inch to make the tabs to stand the photo frame.
- Use as many of these tabs as you wish to join several frames together.
- To include a photo in the frame, center and paste an image measuring 1.5 x 1.5 inches (3.75 x 3.75cm) on a board which is slightly smaller than the origami frame.
- To place a photo frame on the refrigerator, attach a flat magnet on the back.
- This origami frame is the unit to make the modular cube shown in the photo below. Read the blog post here. Watch the video to make the modular origami cube!
. . . . . . . . . .
If you like what you find here on Origami Spirit, click here to donate.
We appreciate your support, which helps us bringing you the best content!