I invite you to pull up a chair, clear your folding table, and get your fingers folding. Make this origami ladybug and plant the seeds to sprout even more bounty in your precious life!
Has someone ever asked you “What is origami good for”? What they might be really saying with this question is: “Aren’t you wasting your time with such child’s play?”
If this ever happens, here are a few possible replies:
- Origami improves memory, motor skills, and self-esteem.
- Origami teaches patience and perseverance.
- Origami is poetry and play with color, texture, and shape.
- Origami helps people to connect with one another.
- Origami is an educational tool for teaching math, social studies, language, and art.
- Origami is therapeutic. It helps people focus on the present and it relieves stress.
- Origami is the joy of the process, the satisfaction of achievement, and the achievement of satisfaction.
- Time is well spent when you do something that brings you creativity, inspiration, and joy.
In addition to this list of origami benefits, I’d like to add one more: origami brings good fortune!
As an example of how lucky you are to practice origami, today’s good fortune has brought you an auspicious and charming origami ladybug… Good luck indeed ;-)
This origami ladybug model is one of my own designs, and I’ve made a step-by-step video showing how to make it. Visit this post to make the origami ladybug.