Is someone’s birthday around the corner? How about Mother’s day? Who’s your Valentine? Maybe you need a Thank-You note? What better way to express love, joy or appreciation than with an adorable origami heart.
This origami heart model is a classic design and the creation of Francis Ow, an origami master known for his excellent work on modular origami and for his innumerable paper heart designs.
It’s easy-to-make and perfect for use on many occasions!
Right at its very center the heart features a convenient double-sided pocket which invited me to add a decorative insert. On his flickr page, Francis Ow shows many other possible inserts than can be added to this heart.
The following step-by-step video shows both how to make Francis Ow’s heart and how to make the insert. Thank you Francis for giving your permission to present this heart model.
Tips and suggestions for making the origami heart
- In the video the heart is demonstrated using thin Kami paper, known in the U.S. as “origami paper”.
- Other papers –gift-wrapping or paper from old magazines, are also suitable.
- The heart is made with a rectangular piece of paper in the proportion of 2:1
- Cut a square piece of paper 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm) in half to obtain two of the desired rectangles.
- The finished heart shows only one side of the paper. It isn’t necessary to use paper with a different color on each side.
- Making this heart is good training to make “The Key of Love” also designed by Francis Ow and presented in another video.
. . . . . . . . . . .
Have you seen our selection of printable origami papers?
Click here to buy and download yours instantly