Stay Calm and Make an Origami Ladybug -Free Video Tutorial

Stay Calm and Make an Origami Ladybug -Free Video Tutorial post image

I am sure that you are having your own set of challenges and fears as we ride the crazy rollercoaster caused by the Coronavirus. I hope you are doing well, and that you are healthy!

As a token of gratitude for your presence in my life, I have released an origami video tutorial to make a ladybug (Find the tutorial below). Up to now, I have only shared this model privately.

I hope you like this video, along with many others found here in Origami Spirit, and allow yourself to enjoy the calming and meditative effects that folding paper can have for all of us.

Do everything in your power to stay calm and centered. Take care of your physical and emotional wellbeing!

Stay connected with those you love.

Remember that social distance is not spiritual separation.

Let’s greet each other with prayer hands and bows rather than kisses and hugs…

…and let’s keep on folding paper.

This origami ladybug model is one of my own design.

Tips and suggestions for making the origami ladybug

• In the video, the ladybug is demonstrated using thin kami paper*, known in the U.S. as “origami paper”.
  • Any other thin and crisp paper* –such as gift-wrapping paper or printed paper from old magazines, is suitable.
  • For a striking effect, the colors of each side should be different.
  • Bright red or yellow paper that’s black or dark on the other side is ideal.
  • A good paper size, to begin with, is 6×6 inches (15×15 cm).
  • The square has to be cut in half diagonally to make two triangles.
  • One ladybug can be made from each triangle.

* Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.

• Patricia M. May 1, 2020, 3:54 am

Thanks for this video! I will try to do it for my son. Patricia (France)

• Tamara Chisholm April 20, 2020, 10:45 pm

I have enjoyed making many of the designs you share and have pointed people to your site because of your wonderful videos. Looking forward to watching the ladybug one!

• patricia April 1, 2020, 5:00 am

dear Leyla,
    thanks again for your lovely post and to share the ladybird. In Germany where I have been living for 2 years now, this ladybird is seen as ,,porte-bonheur”. Happy to read you again, was popping to look at a fish origami today to deliver, with my daughter, in the letter box of some of her German schoolfriends. Indeed being French, paper fish in the back is the surprise for April fool day…but we will transform it as a ,,hello post message” to greet her friends in these times of self-isolation.
    Take care of you Leyla, we love your spirit, we just love you!
    A bientot Patricia

• Leyla Torres April 1, 2020, 4:10 pm

Thank you Patricia for sending me such lovely thoughts and feelings. Stay well and take good care of yourself!

• Amalia Falla March 27, 2020, 3:09 pm

Que linda tu ladybug 🐞. I will try to do it sometime. Gracias querida Leyla. Un abrazo fuerte y cuidate.🤗💞

• Leyla Torres March 27, 2020, 3:51 pm

Me alegra que te guste, Amalia y me encanta tu visita. Bienvenida a Origami Spirit y gracias por escribir.
      Cuídate tú también.

• Thomas S L Lau March 24, 2020, 8:29 am

Its cute and beautiful

• Leyla Torres March 24, 2020, 12:32 pm

I’m very happy you like it. Thank you for writing, Thomas!
      :-)

• Lisa Hoesing March 23, 2020, 6:32 pm

Always love listening to, and following song with your videos.

Thank you for the wonderful calm you bring to Origami.

Lisa

• Luz Elena ortiz March 23, 2020, 5:07 pm

Gracias por enseňarnos a hacer este modelo, lo estaba esperando, y he estado haciendo origami para distraerme de lo que está sucediendo.