Just think… you will now be saving all kinds of colorful gift-wrap scraps to make special origami neckties and bowties like these.
Even if the men in our lives don’t wear neckties, we can choose a paper with a pattern that represents what they might like: Cars! Fishing Gear! Bikes -with or without motors! Music!
We can be quite creative choosing colorful themed papers and patterns to make this tie.
I always remember my lawyer father leaving for work at his office so dignified and proper wearing his lawyerly neckties. I’d loved see him now wearing some wild ties.
I’ve made cards featuring origami neckties to celebrate not only my father, but my two brothers who, while they rarely wear ties, are wonderful fathers too. I’ve also made some of these neckties for use on graduation greeting cards!
This origami necktie is my own design and it can be completed in less than ten minutes. Here is a free video tutorial demonstrating how to make it.
Tips and suggestions for making the origami necktie and card
- The origami tie is made with a rectangular piece of paper proportioned 4:1.
- A 2 x 8-inch rectangle will be perfect for making the model for a card.
- Recycle any kind of thin gift wrap paper to make this tie.
- Cut a square piece of paper 8 x 8 inches (20 x 20 cm) in half and then in quarters to make four of the needed rectangles.
- The finished origami tie shows only one side of the paper. It’s not necessary to use paper with a different color on each side.
- To make the perfect collar for a the tie with use a piece of paper 2 x 4 inches, (an easy way to make it is shown in the video).
- Make a blank card by folding and cutting in a half a letter-size piece of paper (Shown in the video)
- In addition to Father’s Day this origami tie model can be used as a party invitation. Use your imagination when choosing paper patterns and colors.
- Think about what other occasions this card could be used for.
You can also make these bowties and place them on cards.
2 thoughts on “Make an Easy Origami Necktie and Card for Dad”
Como siempre, una obra maestra fácil de hacer y entretenida.