A model design of Leyla Torres
Do you like to fold origami animals? You’re in luck! Here at Origami Spirit, we feature origami animals we’re sure you’ll enjoy. You can find these origami animal models in this gallery >>> HERE.
In the videos hostred in the Origami Spirit membership, you will learn how to make two different versions of a Curly-Tail Cat, Each cat is made of two pieces of paper, one for the head and one for the body. The head is made exactly as it is made in the Cat Face model seen in another tutorial.
Would you like to learn how to fold this model?
The tutorial is found inside Origamigos, our sister site for members.
…and learn to fold these two cool cats, and many other models too.
Already a member? LOG IN >>> HERE
Tips and suggestions for making the two versions of Curly-Tail Cat
- Any thin and crisp paper is ideal to use for these figures. In the video, the cat models are demonstrated using kami paper. The cat family in the picture above was made using Tissue Foil paper (also knowns as “sandwich paper”).
- For the body, use a piece of paper that’s at least 6 x 6 inches (15 x 15 cm).
- For the head, you need a square that is one-quarter the size of the paper for the body. The appropriate proportions of the two different pieces of paper are described in the videos.
- The finished cat face shows both sides of the paper. It is best to use paper with a different color on each side.
- The finished body shows only one side of the paper.
This is a selection of other origami tutorials you will find within Origamigos