A model design of Leyla Torres
Do you like to fold origami flowers fruits or food? You’re in luck! Here at Origami Spirit, we feature origami models we know you’ll enjoy so be sure to visit the ORIGAMI FLOWERS FRUIT AND FOOD GALLERY where you will find lots of goodies.
May years ago I joined the Simple Origami Facebook Group which featured various origami creativity challenges.
One of these was to create a model with a triangular piece of pape which inspired the origin of this origami carrot. The model is simple and made with a triangular piece of paper. To make the triangle, cut a square diagonally into two pieces.
Would you like to learn how to fold this model?
The tutorial is found inside Origamigos, our sister site for members.
… and learn to fold A Carrot for an Origami Rabbit and many other models too!
Already a member? LOG IN >>> HERE
Tips and suggestions for making the origami carrot
- In the video, the carrot is demonstrated using thin orange/green paper.
- For a striking effect, the colors of each side should be different. Bright orange paper that’s green on the other side is ideal.
- A 6×6-inch (15×15 cm) square is perfect to cut in half diagonally and make two triangles.
- One carrot can be made from each triangle.
- Since the combination orange/green is hard to find, you can work with one orange triangle and one green triangle back to back and fold them as if they were one piece of paper. (An easy way to do this is shown in the video)
- Make sure you watch the full video. You’ll never guess what happens to that carrot! 😉
This is a selection of other origami tutorials you will find within Origamigos