Looking for a cute, easy-to-make Christmas present for family or friends?
A while back I came up with this origami Santa and Elf gift-box idea, and it might be just what you’re looking for. The gift boxes are easy to fold and you don’t even need glue to make them! They were inspired by a pyramid box created by Javier Caboblanco (Spain).
Materials to make the Santa:
- One duo-color 6×6″ (15x15cm) square of paper, red on one side and white on the other.
- One 6×6″ (15x15cm) square of white paper (both sides)
- One 3-inch strip of white paper
The following video shows instructions on how to make both the origami Santa and the Elf boxes.
- Fill them with small candy;
- or, beads, buttons or petals;
- or, seeds or small pine cones.
- Use them as a place-setting accent at the dinner table.
- Give them as Christmas party favor filled with origami lucky stars!
- Use them as embellishments for a bigger present.
- Make up a Christmas treasure hunt and place a written hint inside each of the Elf or Santa boxes.
So get yourself busy making cute origami boxes,
and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
If you haven’t yet, click here to subscribe to this blog
and receive coming posts via e-mail.