I don’t want to miss an opportunity to fold a Santa and much less this heart-warming Hearty Santa. As an additional bonus, the same process of folding this Santa can be used to make cute origami Elves.
Beth’s model joins a group of origami figures for the holidays presented on other posts published on Origami Spirit.
Here is the video tutorial on how to make this Santa. Thank you to Beth Johnson for giving permission to make and present your model here on Origami Spirit.
Tips and suggestions for making Beth Johnson’s Origami Hearty Santa
- Any thin and crisp paper is adequate to make this model. In the video, the Origami Santa is demonstrated using a solid-color origami paper*.
- A good paper size to learn the Hearty Santa would be 9×9-inch (24×24cm). Once you have practiced, go ahead and try folding it with a smaller piece of paper such as 6 x 6-inch Kami*.
- Keep in mind that his Hearty Santa shows both sides of the paper. It is best to use paper with a different color on each side (red/white).
- Make the Santa using a big piece of paper 9×9-inch (24×24cm) and the elves using 6 x 6-inch Kami*.
- Since it is flat, this Santa can be used on a Christmas Greeting card and easily mailed. More flat origami HERE.
- Include this Santa as part of a wall origami Christmas Tree. (See photos below)
If you fold it, join and share your fold in our Facebook Group Click Here to Join
* Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links through which we receive a small commission. Purchasing through them does not represent an additional cost to you. Thank you for your support. Read more here.