The Community for Creators of Origami* is having its Third International Convention, CfC3, in Bogotá, Colombia this weekend, February 10 – 12, 2023. Attendees come from four continents and are meeting for three days in The Japan Center at Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá.
In the world of origami, “creators” are those who design their own origami figures as opposed to following diagrams or tutorials to recreate the designs of others. Several presentations and panels related to paper folding are scheduled during the convention including:
- paper making
- papers suited for origami
- origami as an artistic pursuit
- origami book publishing
- origami creation techniques
- drawing diagrams
- creating conceptual origami
- how to increase appreciation of paper folding
- how to promote young talent
During the convention, many participants are exhibiting their original work all based on folding paper or folding other flat surfaces.
In addition to convention workshops and presentations, there will be an opportunity to visit points of interest in Bogotá including:
- The Gold Museum features a remarkable collection of pre-Columbian gold objects.
- The Salt Cathedral built within a salt mine in Zipaquira, near Bogota.
- Monserrate overlooking the city of Bogota.
- Lake Guatavita where the pre-Columbian legend of El Dorado originated. MAP