Participate in our ABC to Z origami challenge! Here you find paper-folding prompts to give you direction and ideas to fold and share origami related to the LETTER D.
During this ABC to Z origami challenge, we are sharing origami models or concepts related to each letter of the alphabet. Once a week, on Thursday, we announce a new letter and highlight some posts that people share on our Facebook group. You are welcome to join!
Letter D (Week 4 of 26)
You can share models that you have folded previously, or, you may fold new models based on the suggestions you find here. You can also use my prompts as a starting point to explore your own ideas.
The following are prompts and links to tutorials of origami that start with the letter D.
Feel free to fold or include any other model related to the letter D that might occur to you.
|Dragon (Tutorial)||Dromedary||Dollar Bill|
- Spell out the word related to your model. eg: “D is for________”
- IDEALLY –>Write the name of the model designer, if known.
- Share any other information about the model you can think of.
- Use the hashtag #ABCOrigami
The origami letter ‘D’ and the letters for the word ‘Origami’ in the above picture were designed by Coen van Someren (Netherlands) and folded by Leyla Torres.
Origami ABC UPDATE: Origami Related to the Letter D
These are some of the posts shared by Origami Spirit Fans on our Facebook Group.
Each caption notes the title and the name of the person who shared the picture (Look for a list of designers below the Photo Gallery).
- 1 Origami Duck • Folder: Cornelie Bayer – Designer: Jo Nakashima
- 2 origami Dish • Folder: Germán Martínez – Designer: Didier Boursin
- 3 Origami Cranes Done (1k) • Folder: Bonnie Tarses – Designer: Traditional
- 4 Origami Dolphin • Folder: Júlíus Björnsson – Designer: Hideo Komatsu
- 5 Origami Dolls • Folder: Angela Albers – Designer: Mizutama
- 6 Origami Dress • Folder: Yeribel Iriarte – Designer: AllisonReisel
- 7 Origami Dragon • Folder: Mary Ellen Palmeri – Designer: Robert Neale
- 8 Origami Dog • Folder: Juan Carlo Rodriguez – Designer: Won Seon Seo
- 9 Origami Dove • Folder: Mona Bhardwaj – Designer: Unknown
- 10 Origami Duck • Folder: Li Kim Crossley – Designer: Jo Nakashima.
- 11 Origami Dragon • Folder: Hisako Tanji – Designer: TaikoNiwa
- 12 Origami Dollar Dolphin • Folder: LauraPaxson – Designer: Jeremy Shafer